U3A monthly lecture meetings to be resumed.
We plan to resume our monthly meetings in the Autumn and speakers have been booked from October on.
The well-being of our members remains our priority and we will therefore ask that if you plan to attend a meeting:
- You are double vaccinated, or
- You have recently had Covid 19 and have a high antibody level confirmed by a recent blood test, or
- Medically you are unable to be vaccinated, or
- You have proof of a negative test taken 24 hours before any face to face meeting
Interest Group meetings may meet virtually or in person as long as government guidance is followed.
Interest Group Leaders may chose, where it is possible, to continue with their group using technology. Each group and individual members access and ability will be different. Members of interest groups please contact the relevant group leader if you have any queries.
If groups do meet in person then a special Covid-19 Risk Assessment must be carried out by the group leader for each meeting and a record should be made of the names and contact information of all members who attend.
The following Interest Groups are either operating virtually or resuming activities possibly with some limitations. Please contact the group leaders for more information.
- Armchair Exercisers – resuming 1st July with meetings now held at The Commodore.
- Art Group – Considering restarting meetings with smaller group in September subject to venue, as the group needs some special requirements. Some members have continued working alone during the lockdown. Examples of work can be found on the Art Group’s page.
- Book Circle – Has remained operational throughout using IT but is keen to start face-to-face meetings. The group will be moving to the Winsor room in the Commodore.
- Charabanc Club – Awaiting next Covid announcement, a trip before year end may be possible with a combination of coach and car share. Watch this space.
- Computer Group – continuing to meet fortnightly by Zoom and email. Membership has doubled and is working well under the restrictions.
- Craft Group – resuming activities.
- Creating Writing – continuing to operate via email but looking forward to 2 hour physical meetings again!
- Film Group – needs a new leader for when the situation allows meetings to resume.
- Garden Visiting Group – have been watching NGS and National Trust virtual garden visits during lockdown but have now resumed outdoor activities. Two successful garden visits have already taken place to Hergest Croft in May and the Tranquillity garden at Whitton in June, included a socially distanced lunch on both occasions. Currently planning the rest of the year’s visits. The membership of this group is at capacity at the moment.
- Genealogy Group – continues to operate on a one-to-one consultancy basis.
- Grwp Siarad Cymraeg – this well established group needs a new leader to resume meetings.
- Music Appreciation – The group is on hold during lockdown, now waiting until the numbers allowed to meet in each other’s homes is increased to allow group meetings. Hopefully recommencing in the autumn.
- Snappers Photography Group – Will start to meet again in July with three new members and others welcome. Meetings will be in the Commodore.
- Rail Riders– hoping to resume activities in August.
- The Readers – continuing to operate via Zoom and email. Will get back to physical meetings asap as really missing the social aspects. Two spaces now available on this group.
- Recorder Group – Tried Zoom unsuccessfully! Leader sent pieces out for individual practise and recommended pieces to listen too. Awaiting restrictions to be lifted in order to resume meetings.
- Scrabble – Still in abeyance until home meetings are allowed.
- Singing for Fun – Resumed July 7th, now meeting in the Commodore Hotel.
- Sunday Lunch Group – In view of the regulations still in force the group does not have any plans to meet again until later in the year.
- Theatre Visiting Group – Will not be happening for the foreseeable future, dependant on Theatres re-opening and people feeling comfortable travelling on coaches.
- Virtual Travel – Due to numbers and social distancing restrictions at Celf-o-Gwmpas, Virtual Travel remains in abeyance – Situation under regular review and hoping for September.
- Walking Group – Now up and running (well walking!!) but really missing the lunches after the walk.
- Welsh History – has resumed activities meeting in the Thomas Shop.
This page will be updated as and when restrictions on u3a activities change.
Check this page for updates on what is happening.
Please pay your membership subscription if you have not done so via cheque, cash or direct debit to the Treasurer as we still have to send monies to U3A National office, Third Age Matters Magazine etc
It is not sensible or cost effective at this stage to produce the Membership cards which detail the future programme of speakers, as these are subject to change or cancellation.
Membership cards are not likely to be issued until the year starting April 2022.